Skip to main content

FAQ for Carriage Hill Apartments

FAQ for Carriage Hill Apartments

Leasing Questions

Do I need an appointment? Do you take walk-ins?

No appointment is necessary to tour our community; however, it is always appreciated if you call ahead to make sure we are available to provide adequate time for you to tour and ask questions. Please arrive no later than one half hour prior to closing if you would like to tour the property. Everyone over 18 must have a valid photo ID to tour the community.

Why do your prices have ranges?

Our apartment homes are priced individually based on the amenities and features.

What is the application fee and is it refundable?

Application fees are $75 per person 18 and older occupying the apartment. There is also a $235 administrative fee. You may pay these online by credit card, a small fee will apply. All application fees are not refundable for any reason.

How do I apply?

Applications may be found under the “floor plans” tab of our property website or HERE and or you can stop in the office for a paper application.

Which utilities do I pay?

We set up a utility package for you that includes water, sewer, trash, preventative pest control, common electric and gas. It is a set rate that is paid monthly with your rent. You are responsible for establishing your electricity with Hamilton City Utilities.

What is the security deposit?

The security deposit maximum is a full month rent. The minimum is $400.

When is my rent payment due? What day of the month am I liable for a late charge?

Rent is always due on or before the first of the month. The grace period ends at 11:59 pm on the 4th and a $125 late fee is assessed on the 5th of every month (even Sundays and holidays).

How can I pay my rent?

You can pay rent by setting up your online account on our website. This allows you to use a bank account (no fee) or credit card (with fee) to make payments.

What kind of pets do you allow? How many pets may I have?

Up to 2 pets are allowed. There is a one-time, non-refundable pet fee for each pet and a monthly pet rent per pet. Cats and most dogs are welcome. Breed restrictions do apply so, please contact the office for information or visit our pet policy.

Resident Questions

If I get a job transfer, can I break the lease?

Yes, if the lease buy-out fee has been paid. A 60-day notice is required before vacating your apartment, and the lease buy-out fee is $3000. Please make sure that you reference your signed lease agreement and confirm policies with your Property Manager as there could be unique circumstances.

If I am part of the military and receive deployment or reassignment orders, can I break the lease?

Yes, service members can break their lease without penalty in certain circumstances through the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA). Please contact the property manager as soon as possible in this situation. You will need to provide written notice and a copy of your military orders.

How can I refer a friend?

If you love our apartments and want to refer a friend, please let our office know! We offer resident referral programs throughout the year and would love for your friends and family to join our community.

If something needs to be repaired in my apartment, how do I report it?

You may call the office, send an e-mail, or leave a message with the answering service. You may also submit work orders online if you are enrolled in our online services.

There is a person who might be staying with me for a while, is that permitted by the lease?

Yes, if someone is temporarily staying with you, please let the office know so we can accommodate for parking. If someone is permanently moving in, or staying longer than 7 days, they will need to fill out an application to be added to your lease agreement.

I will be moving out. What do I need to do?

We require a 60-day written notice, which you are responsible for, prior to move-out. If you need to move-out at the end of your lease term, please remember to come in 60 days prior to the lease expiring to provide your written notice.

Do you have cable/Internet services?

All of our apartments are cable/Internet-ready. You may choose your provider.

Can I grill on the property?

You may use electric grills.

I am locked out of my apartment/garage. What do I do?

For after-hours lockouts, you will need to call the Emergency Maintenance line to reach the Maintenance Technician that is on call. The fee for lock-out service is $50.00 per occurrence.